I could feel many face turn and begin to stare at me
even as I got over the initial shock. I started walking towards the stage
staring down at the ground to avoid the threatening stares. As I reached the
steps I glance up to see the principal waiting on the stage grinning. I start
up the steps I nearly trip on the second step but manage to catch myself but
not without my face getting even redder if that was possible. I manage to make
it to the top of the steps without any more trouble. I look out at the crowd
with a grin only to see a few smiles from those I knew but even more
threatening faces from those I didn’t know. “Well Maren congratulations on
becoming this year’s queen now what do you have to say?” the principal says
shoving the microphone into my face surprising me even more. “Ummm I uhhh
t-thank you everyb-body it’s an honor to be queen thank you I-I just don’t know
what to say” I say feeling my face and whole body tense as everyone started
clapping out of politeness.“ She then took the microphone back. “Ok sorry we
must get on you must be anxious to learn who your prom king is ok here we are”
the principal said flourishing the white envelope. She then torn it slowly to
making me worry about who it would be. She
pulled it out and smiled as she announced “This year’s prom king is” she says
pausing again to allow for suspense. “Come on up Aaron (LAST NAME)” again the
crowd was hushed. Very slowly one of the guys in the crowd began to move
towards the stage and the sweeping gazes all locked on him.
AARON’S POV->
As
I made it onto the stage I grew even more nervous the more my gaze caught the
crowd. But that wasn’t what made me the most nervous. That was the girl
standing there in a beautiful blue dress watching me walk across the stage. She
was beautiful and not only that she was the girl id meet a few weeks ago and
had been oddly attracted to. Even as nervous as I was I found myself grinning
at her. Before I could get close to her the principal rushed to me holding the
mic to my face like a reporter. She pulled back the microphone back for a few
seconds to quickly speak in a few words “Aaron what’re you thinking now that
you’ve won this award?” “I uhh I’m shocked, amazed, and excited about this” I
say with a renewed confidence. “That’s great Aaron so now you two you know
what’s next the customary dance.” She added with a smile. “Oh wait what am I
doing were forgetting the crowns” she practically yelled before quickly rushing
off the stage. She reappeared within a minute holding two crowns. “One for our
dear queen and then the other for our king” she said placing the crowns on us
in turn.
Hehehehe! NICE! I love romance stories; this one's no exception. :)
ReplyDelete